How Home Energy Audits and Solar Panels Can Slash Your Energy Costs
Do you know how much energy your Savannah home uses and how much it wastes? Or how much money you could save by opting for energy-efficient products and solutions like solar panels?
Our Old Coast Heating & Air Conditioning professionals can perform a free home energy audit for you, discuss the results in detail, and recommend the best possible energy-saving solutions for your Georga home. Call us today to schedule your appointment!
Benefits of a Home Energy Audit
It’s important to have a home energy audit because it will help you better understand how much electricity and energy your Savannah home uses. Other advantages include:
- Identifies areas where you can reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
- Provides you with information on how to decrease energy usage to save money.
- Shares insight on how you can enhance the comfort of your home.
- Informs you about any existing issues that you might want to address first.
- Helps you prioritize a to-do list.
What to Expect During a Home Energy Audit
During a home energy audit, our professionals will inspect each area of your home to determine your energy use. All aspects of your home will be evaluated, including your insulation, windows, walls, water heater, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
At Old Coast Heating & Air Conditioning, we work to provide a comprehensive home energy audit unlike any other. We offer an in-depth look at your past electric bills, system’s age, and ductwork, along with the seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) and annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) ratings on all equipment.
Our home energy audit experts will discuss the analysis with you and provide suggestions on how to reduce energy usage in your home. For example, if we find air leaks are resulting in energy loss, we would recommend having your air ducts sealed or weatherstripping your doors and windows, depending on where the air leaks appear.
According to ENERGY STAR, air leaks are responsible for up to 40 percent of the energy needed for heating and cooling. Imagine how much you could save by making an improvement like this in your home.
Should I Get an Energy Audit Before Summer?
Opting to have a free energy audit performed by our Old Coast Heating & Air Conditioning professionals before the summer arrives is beneficial. It could reveal why certain areas of your home are cooling better than others and what you can do about it.
With the appropriate changes to enhance your home’s energy efficiency, you may notice a reduction in your energy and utility bills, which could be particularly helpful over summer when your air conditioning system is used more frequently.
Save Energy with Residential Solar Panels
As part of your energy audit, our professionals may recommend installing solar paneling to reduce your home’s carbon emissions and significantly lower your electricity bills.
Adding solar panels to your home will allow you to harness the sun’s energy to help power your home. Generally, the higher your electric bills are, the more you may save using solar energy, but anybody could benefit from this great, energy-efficient option. Speak with our experts today to find out if adding solar panels could be the best option to reduce your energy use.
Additional Benefits of Solar Energy
Solar panels offer even more advantages and can help you save money in other ways too. Some other incentives for installing solar panels to your home include:
- Tax benefits: There are federal and state tax incentives for adding solar panels to your home, which could help offset installation costs by up to 30 percent.
- Potential to sell energy back to utility companies: Solar panels could potentially leave you with an excess of energy, which you may be able to sell back to utility companies.
- Ideal option for southern states: With the sun shining most of the year, even during the winter, southern states benefit the most from solar energy because the sun is out most of the year, even during the winter, and this is the source for solar energy.
Old Coast Offers Free Home Energy Audits and Solar Energy Solutions
With free home energy audits offered here in Savannah, GA, by our Old Coast Heating & Air Conditioning, you have nothing to lose! Find out how much energy you could be saving and what you need to do to reap the many benefits of a more energy-efficient home. Just give our experts a call today at 912-250-5771 or request service online.